Supporting the education sector with clearing and applicant support interviews
Novacroft offers expert customer care to universities outsourcing, or looking to outsource, services including their clearing call centre operations, and those wishing to partner with an organisation on undertaking applicant support interviews for international students.
Our mission is to support students and university teams by improving experience and wellbeing.
If you’re experiencing resourcing and expertise challenges as the volume of university applicants increases, then we can help you to reduce pressure on your teams, and ensure a smooth, empathetic and expert experience for students.
We’ve partnered with the University of Bradford (UoB) since 2021 to operate their clearing call centre. We’re familiar with scaling up at pace to accommodate spikes in call volumes. In 2022, we also began supporting the University of Bradford with their applicant support interviews – working together, we’ve ensured the university’s visa refusal rate has remained at very low levels.
Our services for higher education institutions include:
In August 2022, over 53,000 UK students entered the clearing system, increasing from 39,000 in August 2021*
As demand for university places grows, so too do your clearing call volumes.
We understand that clearing is time critical and that recouping lost business later is impossible.
We’ve seen first hand just how important it is to have an efficient, customer-focused, empathetic call handling service answering student enquiries, providing knowledgeable guidance, and converting students into university applicants.
Perhaps you’re managing a team with many other commitments, or struggling with temporary/local recruitment to manage growing numbers of callers.
Perhaps you’re concerned about risks associated with outsourcing.
How we can help
By outsourcing, you could free up your team to do more, whilst providing excellent quality customer care.
Novacroft’s subject matter experts helped 4,983 prospective University of Bradford students over the phone through clearing in 2021 and 2022, with a higher % conversion than in previous years.
We offer an omni-channel customer experience with experienced, empathetic subject matter experts to help students find their right path into higher education.
*Source: The Guardian
**Source: UCAS End of Cycle 2021 Data
In 2020/21, 56% of students on full time postgraduate courses in the UK were from overseas*
With climbing demand for university places, there is an increasing need for applicant support interviews to support international students.
You may be:
- resourcing an increasing number of applicant support interviews
- undertaking applicant support interviews in-house in a short timeframe, whilst balancing usual workload commitments and being mindful of team wellbeing
- experiencing resource / recruitment challenges, and subject matter expertise / soft skills gaps
These challenges can be stressful, can impact the student experience, and can affect the wellbeing of you and your team.
How we can help
We can help ensure your UKVI refusal rate remains at very low levels, with a high quality service consistently delivered.
We offer an outbound customer experience with empathetic interviewers, many of whom have been international students themselves.
Novacroft completed almost 2,000 applicant support interviews for the University of Bradford between May and August 2022, with an increased number of completed interviews first time
“The refusal rate metric in university UKVI licences is 10%. Our actual figure has been at very low levels for several years now.”
– Claire Pryke, Associate Director Outreach, Recruitment and Admissions, University of BradfordCase study: University of Bradford Applicant Support Interviews
Our cost effective, expert customer experience encompasses:
- A consultative approach
- Collaborative identification of success criteria
- A focus on mitigating and,minimising risk, beginning with scenario planning
- Providing customer experience team members with specialist educational knowledge
- Scaling customer experience team members at pace
- Omni-channel customer service (inbound and outbound calling, webchat, email and SMS)
- Customisable Interactive Voice Response (IVR), call recordings, call transfer and telephony wait messages
- Strict project governance, underpinned by PCI compliance, standards including LRQA ISO 27001 Information Security, and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Collaborative Management Information (MI) reporting, with a focus on SLAs and Quality
- Real-time call and email monitoring
- Behaviour analytics
- An experienced, empathetic customer experience team