When government funding was offered to encourage the installation of energy efficient home improvements, we worked with manufacturers supporting these efforts such as Worcester Bosch, plus local authorities and utility organisations, to manage a range of council schemes. We provided knowledgeable advisers and streamlined processes connecting applications, installations and payments which reduced clients’ resource commitments and put reconciliation data directly into finance teams’ hands.
Harrow Council residents have a valuable opportunity to improve their home and community environment and take advantage of a generous amount of cash-back at the same time
Paul Jones, Project Manager, Harrow Council
As part of a raft of measures to cut carbon dioxide emissions in line with energy conservation legislation, the UK government promoted the launch of schemes which incentivised homeowners to install energy efficient boilers and loft and cavity wall insulation. Councils including Harrow, Nottingham and Kensington & Chelsea who were keen to enable as many local people as possible to benefit from these schemes knew that to be successful they had to make it quick, slick and easy for residents to apply and for approved installers to be booked and receive their cash-back.
Novacroft devised, implemented and operated a complete project management solution which saw our trained energy efficiency advisors take application calls from residents and our web-based data management system, InNovator, do the rest. This solution enabled oversight of incoming applications, immediate eligibility checking, installation booking and confirmation emails for approved installers plus the generation of approval letters, completion certificates, invoices, secure BACS payments and scheme reconciliation information.
THE BENEFITS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS
Homeowners who signed up for the schemes:
- Benefited from cut price or free energy efficient improvements
- Experienced fast and efficient installation of their chosen improvements
- Reduced energy wastage in their home – and saved more money over time.
THE ADVANTAGES FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITY
Local authorities were able to:
- Help government achieve its energy efficiency targets
- Launch schemes with minimal impact on internal resources
- Help residents improve the value and warmth of their homes
- Encourage energy efficiency in the local community.
THE BENEFITS FOR WORCESTER BOSCH
Manufacturers like Worcester Bosch benefited from:
- Being part of a professional, customer-pleasing scheme
- Association with money-saving energy efficiency
- Access to new customers
- Increased sales.