Transport for London
Short on time? Click here to download a .pdf file of this case study
Transport for London (TfL) and Novacroft have worked together for over a decade, with a shared commitment to putting the customer experience at the heart of TfL’s Oyster photocard schemes. Novacroft’s experience of online application systems and smartcard personalisation and fulfilment, together with its drive to continually innovate and improve, has supported TfL to run their discounted and free travel schemes.
To provide eligible customers with discounted and free travel in line with the London Mayor’s Transport Strategy.
Novacroft has helped TfL to move eligible customers from magnetic tickets to photocards and subsequently also from manual processing of hard copy applications to self-serve online applications. With photocard production, application processing and front and back-end systems under one roof, we have been able to take a holistic view of scheme processes and opportunities to develop and improve our solution over the years. Today we provide:
- Our online application system
- PCI Level 1 compliant online payment processing
- Smartcard personalisation, production and fulfilment within 24 hours
- Support for customer care services.
THE BENEFITS FOR CUSTOMERS
- Apply online simply and quickly
- Upload their photograph and crop to size
- Manage their account online
- Replace a lost or damaged photocard easily online using stored personal details
- Buy Travelcard or pay as you go credit online
- Automatically transfer pay as you go credit from an 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard when a 16+ Zip Oyster photocard is used.
THE ADVANTAGES FOR TRANSPORT FOR LONDON
TfL has launched a range of Oyster photocard schemes with support from Novacroft, realising benefits such as:
- Cost savings from migrating to a self-serve from a manual application process
- Real-time verification of details such as payment address and passport
- Faster card production and fulfilment – from three days to one
- Real time visibility via wallboard technology of applications and cards in the system
- Better – and cheaper and greener – communication with customers online and via SMS
- A helpline that resolves problems and delights customers
- Effective new scheme implementations by an experienced team.
We get that account management is about representing the interests of TfL within Novacroft, making sure that everyone from system developers to Contact Centre Agents understands there is absolutely no room for error or delay because the impact on people’s lives and finances of not having their photocard is massive
Charlene Arnold, Service Delivery Manager, Novacroft